Other Youth Opportunities
Youth at Village Church are involved in every facet of our community life through ministries such as:
- Singing or playing an instrument in our Youth Music Program;
- Sharing worship and fellowship with adults with developmental disabilities at the Newton Weston Wellesley Committee for Community Living;
- Planting, watering, weeding, and harvesting the Village Church Gardens to grow vegetables for the Wellesley Food Pantry;
- Teaching younger children in our Sunday School program;
- Planting trees at a local housing project with our Environmental Ministry;
- Serving as a Worship Deacon;
- Participating in WAGLY (West Suburban Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Youth);
- Joining the iGROW suicide prevention program through Adolescent Wellness, Inc.;
- Welcoming homeless families to our church once each quarter through the Family Promise program;
- Serving meals to women in need at Rosie’s Place in Boston;
- And more!
To learn more about these youth opportunities, please contact Pam Emslie.