Ministry of Last Things
The Ministry of Last Things is intended to support, comfort, and empower us in end-of-life matters, including education and support, awareness of important documents, planning for one’s own funeral or memorial service or that of a loved one, grief and bereavement support, and more.
Christian funeral practices are rooted in an understanding that the passage from life to death is a pilgrimage with and toward God. It is a privilege and a profound act of love to do those “last things” that human hands and hearts can do for our loved ones at this time. The Ministry of Last Things is intended to support, comfort, and empower us in end-of-life matters, such as:
- Education and support in a ministry of presence with those who are ill or close to death;
- Awareness of important documents such as living wills, health proxies, etc,;
- Grief and bereavement support;
- Planning for one’s own funeral or memorial service, or that of a loved one, using the booklet “Stewardship of Last Things”;
- Information about Village Church Memorial Path, a special area in our churchyard for the burial of cremated remains, open to church members and their immediate families.